Friday, May 19, 2017

A Baby Toy

Hey Everyone!
Happy Friday! I hope you all had a good week. :)

I have been chomping at the bit to make something special for my baby..
Not knowing if it is a boy or girl yet is really driving me crazy, though, as I don't want everything that I make to have to be gender neutral. (I Do love yellow, but once you find out it's a boy/girl you kind of want to make things with that in mind ;)

So I have been IMpatiently waiting to make any big projects..

A few weeks ago I began looking for teethers, squeekers, rattlers and plastic crinkle paper to use in my DIY fun..
Boy, did I find it!
I requested permission to name the company and I've gotten no response, so I will wait on that :(


Anyway.. I was feeling the itch last week and threw caution to the wind and decided I would make a teether/toy cuddle blanket.

It needs improvement but it turned out really cute!
(Notice the cute fabric? I won it in an awesome giveaway and I am so excited I finally got to use a bit of it!)


What do you think?
I think it was a pretty good first try!
I just love that teething ring!
If you look close you can see that 2 corners have bumps.
One of those is a push squeaker and the other is a small round rattle toy.
Also, throughout the entire "blanket" is the plastic crinkle paper.
This is one loud toy! haha - Perfect!
The back is minky, it is soo soft!
The sewing needs a bit of work, but I decided that baby wouldn't be looking too closely at that and so it was still useable. lol

I am going to do a tutorial on this cute little thing and I can't wait to share it with you all!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Amy, great idea, I can't wait for the tutorial because I would like to make one for my new granddaughter. Thanks for sharing and hoping the pregnancy is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did very well on making this! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you doing Amy? I totally understand the 'want' to make the baby something, I was the same way. Love your 'busy' toy, a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is absolutely wonderful. I love the materials you used. baby is going to love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that fabric you won. It's perfect. And what a great design for a multi-purpose baby toy!

    ReplyDelete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!