Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Some Big News!

Hey everyone!

I don't know how the weather is by you, but Michigan hasn't yet accepted that it is officially spring..lol..

At least the birds know what is up (aside from themselves, haha), they are busy chattering and building nests for the new babies to come. <3
On a side note- years ago we had the awesome blessing of watching a pair of robins build, then fill their nest and attend their babies until they flew away. We even got home just in time to witness that, it was so awesome and incredibly adorable! That was such an awesome experience for myself and it was even cooler for my kids!

Anyways!

I have some great news coming up in a day or 2 and I can't wait to share it with all of you! Keep an eye out for my next post ;)

I also have some other Bigger news to share, below =D 

In the mean time, I wanted to share with you the progress on the baby quilt that I started a couple of months ago..
In all honesty, I began this quilt hoping that it would "spread good vibes"..
What gives positive feelings like making a quilt?!

It turns out that it worked!!
We are now expecting a bundle of joy to arrive in December!
As soon as I found out, I grabbed that quilt and started basting the beans out of it! =D
I have never basted a quilt before.. you know what else.. This will be my first ever finished quilt! Yay!

After all of that celebrating, you know what came next, right..?
I got a bit ahead of myself (I know, I can't believe it either..haha) and my bobbin stitches are not quite right. Son of a biscuit!
What is a first time quilt finish without your seam ripper near by, anyway... lol
I am currently ripping out my first quilted line, so I can restart with my bobbin stitch nice and flat. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts..lol

At least I have about 8 months to get it right! I just REALLY hope it doesn't take me 8 months.. =\ lol
I'm sure you can guess that the "sew for baby" list has grown to outlandish proportions, as I add and move things to the top, bottom or middle of said list, daily.
As soon as we are back from our trip, I am going to be a sewing fool!

Do you have any great patterns that you loved and would like to share?
I'd  reallylove ideas <3
& pictures if you have any! Who doesn't love pictures! ;)

I hope you all have a fantastic week and get a chance to stop and smell all of the beautiful flowers that are starting to come up!

Take good care my friends and God Bless!

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations Amy, I am so excited for you and hope you are feeling well!

    You know I have been watching E9 on the SW Eagle cam by Pritchett; the eaglet is getting ready to leave the nest soon!

    I just put a handful of trimmings outside for bird's to use for nest-building, I think it would be so fun to see some bright scraps in a nest! I love Springtime:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new baby, such a delight. I'm sure you will get lots of things sewn up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That quilt is going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good news. And if it makes you finish your first quilt, this is even better. You're right, it's usual to make the first (and all that follows) with a seam ripper. ;-) Usual for me, at least.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Amy! Good Luck with finishing your first quilt, I know it's going to be extra special--What better way to wrap a bundle of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your excitement is so refreshing and exciting, Amy! Your little one will have lots of wonderfully hand--made items to welcome him/her into the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What a lucky baby to come into a family so full of love and excitement for its arrival. Be sure to share all the awesome things you make this little one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! (lynnstck[at]yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your wonderful news! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow a huge congratulations. this is exciting. your baby quilt will be wonderful. lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great News! Congratulations, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! So happy for you! My daughter made a ton of burb cloths and bibs - from infant to toddler sizes - and has never regretted it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mean to delete my comment...what I said was this:

      WOW!! That IS big news! Congratulations!!!

      Delete
  15. So happy for you! Babies are the best! (Well, in my case, grandbabies!) Pure joy!

    ReplyDelete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!