Monday, April 17, 2017

A Little Vacation Recap!

Hey Everybody!
I hope you are all doing very well and rested after the weekend!

Sorry I have been a bit absent, planning our trip really took some work!
I am glad to be home and back in touch with all of you!

My husband and I went on a cruise to Mexico last week, all I can say is Wow!!
I had never been on a plane, let alone a cruise!

It exceeded my imagination in ways that I never could have thought of.

I am having trouble getting some of the great sunset pictures that we took but I was able to get the Sea Turtles that we swam with! That is a big win, in my book. lol

We went on 2 separate sea turtles excursions.
You probably noticed that I have a big affinity for turtles. Our tortoises at home are the coolest guys ever and when given the opportunity to swim with their relatives we jumped right in- literally! lol
and BOY was it COLD!!!!! I will have a wetsuit next time!
We forgot the camera when we went into the ocean but that turned out to be for the best. The water was kind of choppy and I was having enough issues learning what in the world I was doing, without trying to add taking pictures! lol

We are already counting the days until we can go back and even take the kids this time. They. Will. Freak! lol

It was quite funny when my 12 year old text me right before we left to say that it was unfair- the baby gets to go on a plane AND a cruise before they do!;(I am about 8 weeks along.. haha)! We all got a good laugh out of that!

Anyways, take a look at the pictures..
 The Freedom of the Seas was a Fantastic ship! The crew was amazing and worked very diligently with me to accommodate my lactose intolerance. It would have been a much different trip if they hadn't been able to do that!
 These iguana's were all over the place! This guy just looked like the KING and I had to capture him on film. So Neat!!
These were the Big sea Turtles. We swam with much smaller guys. We also thought it was quite funny that they enjoy the same "kibble" for a snack as our tortoises. lol
 I just love how clear this guy came out. We didn't get a ton of GREAT pics but these next few are fantastic shots!


The walls in our house just got some awesome new decoration- or will as soon as I can blow these bad boys up!

We had The BEST time! Mind = Blown!
Seeing Mother Nature at work really touched my heart in ways that I cannot describe. I am SO glad that I went "outside my comfort zone" and swam with these beautiful creatures! No, we didn't see a Single shark! =D

I hope you enjoyed the peek at our vacation.
I can't wait to get back to the projects that have taken a backseat while all this was happening!

Have a fantastic week!

8 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great adventure! Love those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, love your photos...thanks for sharing! So glad you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Amy we are headed out the end of next week. Plan to swim with stingrays, sharks and your favorite turtles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! And it looks like you had a great time! I have a thing for turtles too! My friend nicknamed me MLT (my little turtle) because I'm so slow... I call all turtles my homies! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures, Amy! It sounds lie you had a wonderful time. It's almost midnight here and your post just now came to my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing them and a little of your vacation with us. I love turtles(and giraffes).

    ReplyDelete
  7. We always cruise with Royal Caribbean, and you are right! They are absolutely fantastic dealing with food allergies (we have dairy, soy, nut, AND egg!), and always make cruising an experience to remember! So glad you enjoyed your trip. Thanks for sharing your great pictures. (lynnstck[at]yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I love Turtles as well! Mine were named Frank & Swimmie... I think I told you that once already though ~

    ReplyDelete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!