Wednesday, March 29, 2017

A Fun Small First Swap

Hey Everyone!
I hope you are all having a good week!

I am a bit behind, lately, sorry!
I am preparing to go on my first big vacation.
It turns out that finding all of the things that you have to pack for such an adventure, is taking up a lot of my sewing time!

I was able to start cutting blocks for a small swap I am having with a few awesome quilty friends, so that is something, at least!

Fyi; in a few months, I would like to do a larger block swap and will be putting a call out to anyone else who wants to participate. Don't miss it, if your interested in joining us! =D

I want to thank Crazy Mom Quilts for allowing us to borrow her tutorial on these adorable blocks!
What do you think of my block colors??

It was brought to my attention that my blocks are too color coordinated, lol!
I can't help it, I don't have much of a "scrap stash" yet, so I had to buy FQ's for our swap.. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't "match" mismatchy prints..lol

In light of that, I am attempting to put some of the oranges with the blues, but that doesn't work so well for the pink. I don't think I can force the pink and orange together, what do you think, is pink and orange too crazy of a combo for scrappy blocks?

I am going to do my best to get a good number of them done before I leave.
I have already gotten almost everything packed. lol.. You could say I am a little excited. lol

Have you started anything, recently?

Why not share it on my Linky!?
We love to check out what everyone is up to and encourage your progress!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun swap! We work with what we have. I keep thinning out my stash; its a bit overgrown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, nothing is too crazy or mis-matchy for scrappy blocks! I love yours and look forward to swapping with you! Before you know it, your scrap bin(s) will be in full swing! Enjoy your va-cay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink and Orange are a great combination - enjoy playing with your scraps :)

    ReplyDelete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!