Friday, February 3, 2017

Minky Scarves!

Hey Everybody!
I hope your week is going very well!

Last week, I showed you all the minky scarf that I made and asked why we don't see them around anyone's neck?!  Babies get all of the good stuff! lol

Well.. I LOVE mine! It is super comfy and keeps me nice and toasty while I am out walking our 1.25 miles, at night with my boys, for exercise.

My sister almost stole it right off of my shoulders on Friday and I was lucky to make it out alive! lol
I really only made it out because I promised that I would make one for them, too! Notice I said them...that would be 3.. Not to mention the other several that I want to make, to boot.. So I am working double time to get all 3 finished so I can quilt them and mail them right out asap. I really don't want them to have to put them away until next winter... but I need to get cracking to get them all done. lol




You know.. I think I found out why you don't see them around anyone's neck..
They are a PAIN in the Neck! hahaha - gotta love those puns..
I have 3 cut, as I type, and have 1 almost sewn together.
We will have to see if it survives the visual test as soon as I pull it through right side out.. If not, I will have to get my trusty seam ripper out and go to town to give it another go.

It is a little off (as usual, lol!) but I am still going to finish this one and see how it goes. If I do have to rip it out, at least I will be able to see what I can change to help it go more smoothly next time.

The minky moves around like there is music on and it's doing the hustle!
I thought to post pictures of all of the pins that I used to hold the thing still.. I need a lot more. lol - I don't know how I can pin a good section of it and look back and see that it isn't quite right anymore.. grrrr... Yes, Sometimes I growl...It is much better than what wants to come out of my mouth, believe me! lol

I am also thinking about how I want to quilt them all. Something easy and fast but super sweet looking- you know- easy right! BAH haha...
I am going to pull out my favorite sewing tool for that job! My Full Line Stencils and Pounce Pad! 

I am making this my Feb. OMG and linking up with ElmStreetQuilts

Don't forget that I have 2 giveaways going on right now!
Awesome Fashion Week with Fabric Land Outlet!
February Giveaway with CottonCuts!

Enter both for your best chances to win and please share with any fabricoholics
you know!

Thanks!!
God Bless and Good Luck!!


3 comments:

  1. Amy,
    Minky can be a challenge to work with! How sweet of you to make the scarves for your sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never saw minky scarves before - Thanks for linking up to Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran across some hand made scarves with ribbon serged around the edge. Wish I had a photo to share. they were adorable. Yours is going quite well!

    ReplyDelete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!