Friday, January 6, 2017

Mid-Monthly Goal

Happy Friday, Everyone!
I just love Friday.. It's a happy day at work because I don't work weekends - It would be a much different kind of day if I did! haha

I am having so much fun working on these little tortoise pin cushions!
I don't even have everything cut out yet, but I can't wait. lol
I started out making one for myself.
You know how you have to make sure it isn't going to look like a lopsided stegosaurus?!
Welcome to my world ;) haha

Can you see my little clippies at the top right? I decided that using them to hold the cut parts together was a big help. It helped me to be sure that I wasn't off my "mark".
 
 O.M.G.. Just look at this thing- If this pic is any indication of how it will turn out-                                   I can not Wait to get it together!
 This purple one here is where I opened my big mouth to my mom..haha
She likes purple better than pink- I know, I don't get it either!! haha-
So I said Hey, I have these fabrics that I bought for a purse 3 months ago and I haven't even began to look at yet...heh.. would you like a purple tortoise!?
..and there she went.. -or I went- downstairs into my someday I hope Sewing Room to verify that the sleeping bear in my cave didn't eat that fabric..

So anyway, if the first one turns out great then I won't keep it, I have way too many that I want to make to be first in line.

After talking with my mom and finding out that she is going on retreat the end of January, I have to push her up on the list!
She requested one to take with her and since she is pretty much the whole reason I started sewing/ quilting, I feel pretty obligated to get hers out asap. ;)

I wouldn't be where I am today (in sewing, not in the world, that goes without saying..lol) without her giving me her old rulers, a couple spools of thread plus well, just about everything else to get me started. I think you get where I am going with this. lol

Thanks Mom! =D

Here is hoping I can get these little babies (also my OMG for Jan.) done in time for that!

Thanks for visiting me!

Have a fantastic weekend and God Bless!

Don't forget to Enter my GiveAway-Ends 1/18/17!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a really cute pincushion, can't wait to see it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turtle is going to be adorable. Hurry up and finish, I wanna see! :D

    ReplyDelete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!