Thursday, January 26, 2017

Not Quite Finished-Monthly Goal

Hey Everyone!

Happy almost weekend!

Well.. I am disappointed to say that I have yet to finish my January goal.
There is still time but with others things that I have going on, I think I will have to put him on the back burner for a little while.
Mom wasn't too worked up at not getting her little buddy yet. :)

Monthly Goal Post #1
Monthly Goal Post #2

My picture isn't great but at least you can see that he looks (almost) like a turtle. ;)

His butt seam (lol) isn't great but that should be completely hidden after his shell is added. :)

I wish there were some other pictures of this guy on line, but I can't find any.

I Hope he turns out as cute as he is in the pattern!

I stuffed him with lots of poly-fil, added a good handful of steel pellets (actually buck-shot, lol) and added fine steel-wool to the top and half way down the sides. I really wanted my cushion to be a sharpening tool for pins as well as a holder and a cute little listener! ;)

Hopefully when I DO finish this guy, I will totally GET how to make the next 5 or 15 that I am dying to make. lol

I am linking up with Patty at ElmStreetQuilts!

What do you stuff pincushions with!?

4 comments:

  1. Where can I get the pattern for the pincushion, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, he is going to be adorable!! I don't know what kind of filler will sharpen pins but I have heard that walnut shells have been used for filler, not sure why that is though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! I'm sure you will finish him when you can and Mom will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I like using walnut shells, but I want to try silica.

    ReplyDelete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!