Thursday, December 1, 2016

Cool Christmas Sewing for my Boys!

Happy Thursday, everyone!

This week seems to be crawling by.. I'm sure that's because I am dying to get to work at my sewing table! - I decided that I am making my boys wallets for Christmas and bought fabric that day to accomplish that- last weekend.. :( 
 I am past ready to jump in!

So, I am sucking it up and doing a lot of thinking about my current list of 'To-Do's. Some good ideas can come to you as you think through the details of each project. Sometimes switching things just to change them right back. haha.. but that is the way of it, isn't it? Just like a quilt of blocks that you switch around a thousand times only to realize the first was the best.

I have never really done much "planning" when it comes to my projects.
I pretty much get an idea in my head and go buy fabric. =D -some people might prefer to have a pattern in mind first, but that's just not how I 'roll'..lol
Then I turn the project around 16,000 times in my head and try to think through all of those "little things". Sometimes I have to do a little research and look at similar things so I can wrap my head around it better.

I've mentioned before that I prefer to create my own patterns. It can get so tricky getting every single measurement correct or placing things JUST the way {someone else} did.. Instead, I plan it out my way and place {tweak} and play with it until it's at it's best. So far that has been working for me.
I think I actually create things that I never would have if I hadn't jumped in and opened my mouth before thinking through my brilliant idea.
I'll consider that a big win for my process, I guess! =)

All of that to say.... I actually drew up a "blue print" the other night of my newest big idea! haha

OK.. This is my first draft and doesn't really look great, but it has already done it's job, as far as I am concerned! It took the vague idea that I had in my head and helped me make it concrete. I now have a very clear idea of exactly what I am looking for and how I want to achieve it. If it goes down the way it's supposed to, that is..  For THAT we will have to wait and see..

I've mentioned before that my boys are 12 & 8. My 12 year old likes to keep things low-key, so I want to make his wallet low-key (ish).. Otherwise, who knows if he would even use it! and that's not cool. haha
My 8 year olds' though, should be a little bit more "fun".
I really can't wait to get to work on them. Tomorrow.. ugh..

I hope you enjoyed the look into my creative process!

I am making these my December OMG and linking up with Elm Street Quilts!
- on a side note - I love linking up with everyone for the OMG and I totally forget that there is a giveaway at the end, until today! I won a November prize! What a great reminder of the OTHER reason I love the OMG! Thanks so much Patty @ Elm Street Quilts!

Do you draw out plans for your projects?

Have a fantastic weekend and God Bless!!

6 comments:

  1. The wallets will be great for Christmas presents! I like you ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are one talented lady! The wallets will be perfect gifts! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great gift that doesn't take a huge amount of time. I usually use EQ for designing my projects, but there are times when I get the notebook out and spend some time drawing out diagrams and going over the calculations. I think it's one of the most fun parts of the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks to be a great project. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying to post as a blogger now.... ? I didn't want to post on your give away page. I have been browsing through your posts, fun! I have 2 sons. Boys are great! And the wallet idea is way too cool. Thank you for all of your help in getting me started in my blogger world~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. cool christmas gifts

    ReplyDelete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!