Thursday, November 10, 2016

A Trunk Show for Bloggers!

Yes, you seen that correctly!

I was super excited when I came across Whims and Fancies Post- Trunk Full of Quilts!

So excited -in fact- that I jumped on it so quickly, I didn't even read all of her great instructions on how it should work.. oops.. Sorry about that ;)
There I am, jumping in, again!
No wonder my seam ripper is my best friend! lol

SO.. To do this correctly I am posting to share my Finishes and link up!

There are more details and pictures in the original posts that I have linked above each picture -as their title. :)

Baby Crochet Gift Basket
I had so much fun making these gifts.. I'd never made a round blanket before and I just loved the idea! Once I seen that dragon- I was toast, for real.. He is the cutest thing ever and I will have to make one to keep at home next.. Once my finger joints recover from those months of crochet! haha
 
 
 
https://amyscrapspot.blogspot.com/2016/06/huge-crochet-honeycomb-area-rug-is.html

 
This rug is something I made right after that baby gift basket (which is why my fingers still hate me, lol).. It took me a lot of work over about 2 months and I am super proud of it! It still has a place of honor on our living room floor. Unfortunately, I can see a small amount of wear on it :*( so I don't know if it will last the years and years I had hoped for- but it will last for years at least. Still- Totally worth it! 


Dragons, Castles and Glow in the Dark Thread!

This Dragon and Castle wall hanging was the very first thing that I ever stitched! I made it when my boys' shared a bedroom (and now they don't, doh!).
The glow in the dark thread is only visible if you look - real - close :( but at least you can see my hand stitching (I think it looks pretty darn good, too, even if I do say so myself)! I tried to define those dragons by doing pretty much every line on them (minus the eyes, I thought that might look creepy, haha). We love how it turned out!

Anyhow! I am so glad that I was able to email and get myself straight on how to enter this awesome Trunk Full of Quilts show!
I can't wait to see what everyone else has finished!

Have a Wonderfully Blessed day!!

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your quilts...love the dragons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rug! I do hope you get years of use out of it! The more crochet project I see the more I want to learn it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great trunk show and wow what a neat rug!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun things to see. Thanks for sharing your talent with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all fabulous projects! Thanks for linking up, found you at Trunk Full of Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took a minute to see the dragon handle - I was looking right past it, at the contents inside the basket! It is just so cool!
    But the rug is my fave, it looks so cozy for the toes:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the dragon quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baby crochet gift basket is quite amazing! I have never seen anything like that before. Great rug and really beautiful dragon quilts.

    Thank you so much for linking up on Trunk Full Of Quilts!
    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your crochet floor rug. The dragon quilts are fantastical....so very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing, both the crochet and the sewing. Very cool crochet dragon - I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never seen a crocheted rug like yours. It's beautiful and I'm sure nice and toasty on the feet in the winter. The detail on your dragons sure makes them sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects! I love your crochet rug and the dragons are fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That rug is super neat. The dragons are cute, too, but I'm totally blown away with the rug. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely crochet, but I am amazed by the dragons - super!

    ReplyDelete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!