Monday, November 28, 2016

A Baby Quilt In The Making

Hello!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and had a chance to not only relax but also dive into something that you love!

I had been eyeballing these adorable fabrics and finally decided to throw caution to the wind and buy them! I just love elephants, giraffes and tortoises (whales too, funny mix, right!?), they are soo cute in these prints! I'm thinking a baby quilt is a great project to dive in to!


I began to think about WHAT to do with them.. I wondered and wondered.. Then, I just cut them into 7.5" (7" finished) squares because honestly, I can think on these things for months and STILL not be sure what I want to do!
 
I like the idea of those big chunky blocks and thought these prints would look great just that way!
So, over my long weekend (of course, I didn't get half as much done as I wanted to, big shock, right!) I was able to get all of my rows stitched. Now all I have to do on this cute little project is align the corners (uh-oh) and sew my rows together!  
 
Here are my finished rows- these pictures don't show the panels that I am adding to the 2nd row from top and bottom; that is what the multi-colored animal print is for =D.
It will make a lot more sense once it is altogether, right now it looks a bit jumbled.
 
Now, I am thinking about how I want to quilt it on my home machine.
This will be so much fun to quilt. It doesn't have a home destination in mind yet, so I can play around with it some and see what I like!
 
 
I decided to make my boys' wallets for Christmas, so I have a total of 1 whole weekend to get those done, haha!
I think we know what will be on (and hopefully off) my plate THIS weekend..
 
 
I hope you like my baby quilt!
They are such fun to make, Baby projects- in general- are my favorite!
 
Have a very Blessed week!!

3 comments:

  1. Great variety of fabrics and love those adorable elephants. (I love baby projects too...especially when they are for grand babies!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little baby quilt and such fun fabrics! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice fabrics! Thanks for linking up to Finished or Not Friday.

    ReplyDelete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!