Monday, October 3, 2016

Trimming the Blocks!

Hello all!
I hope you had a fantastic weekend!
My weekend was filled with my son's 12th birthday, a fun event at Fabric Affair near me and sewing on my blocks (like all day yesterday, yay! haha). =D

Fabric Affair is a Bernina dealer and they were doing an Expo sale with prizes! Gotta love that!
They were giving away a Bernina Simply Red 215...
I SOOO wanted to win that bad boy.. but sadly, it was not my time..sniff sniff..
I DID win a fat quarter though! So I didn't go away with hurt feelings. haha

Today I am posting my October OMG (One Monthly Goal)! I am linking-up with Red Letter Quilts. I just LOVE this OMG idea.. I don't set my goals too crazy, so far.. (this IS only my second time entering the OMG Link-up..haha) I am making my goal bit tougher this month,though.
I really want to be able to complete each goal, so I am trying to keep it in perspective. ;)
I am also linking up to EmsScrapBag, LoveLaughQuilt, Freemotion by the River and also Quilt Story, (their button is on my right hand side-bar:)


My September goal was to get my squares made, You can see that post Here..
I actually got a lot further with these blocks than I thought I could in the month of September!
THIS month my goal is to get the trim on all of my blocks, (like below)!
 

 

Sadly, I KNOW that my points do not match up in all cases.. =*(
On the big diamond they look pretty great, mostly, but on the more scrappy smaller diamonds, I was not quite so lucky. However, this is my first quilt and I keep hearing that once it's together, you won't notice those things nearly as much.. I'm hoping that is true, now more than ever! Ha!

 
I hope you enjoyed the look into my October OMG!
I am really excited to get this thing on my couch, it's getting chilly out!
 
Oh!! I have been eyeballing a new machine.. I WISH I could get one of the Greats but alas those are outside of our budget.. Even if I can't, I think I found a great one that will work wonderfully for me!
I use a Singer, now.. I've heard it's not the best for quilting and straight lines and such.. I struggle enough with the straightness of lines without having my sewing machine sabotage me! lol!
It will be here within a week (I HOPE)..
I will be sharing before then but I can't wait to unveil my new machine!
 
 
Have a Super Great week and God Bless!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, i like the blue batik you found to frame with! Good Luck with all the trimming Amy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Heidi! I'm sure I'll need all the luck I can get..& extra fabric for my mishaps! Lol

      Delete
  2. Well done on getting more done than planned....always a nice achievement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Karen! It does feel pretty good, I hope I can keep up the momentum!

      Delete
  3. Your quilt blocks are lovely! I'm learning that perfection is terribly overrated! Seriously though, you've done a great job on your blocks! I look forward to seeing your wonderful progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful blue you're using to frame your blocks. Enjoy each step.

    ReplyDelete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!