Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Sewing With My Boy

Happy Hump-day all!
I hope your weeks have shaped up nicely with very few rough edges ;)

The last few weeks my 8 year old son has been asking me to make him a cat.
If you Remember This Post about how my little guy just LOVE's cats, this will make more sense. :)
"Mom, can't you just....sew a cat!?"
umm...yes and no.. haha. That wasn't the response he was looking for. lol

I happen to be at the store and thought to see what fat quarters they might have for cheap.. Low and behold, I found Kitties!! =D
They were speaking to me.. "Cal would LOVE us.. You just HAVE to buy us" and
for $1.50, how could I NOT!?

So on Sunday as I was Trimming my Blocks I decided to show him the treasure that I had found (I only regretted having to quit my blocks for a minute, lol)..
He was really thrilled!
He decided then and there that he wanted a kitty head to cuddle with and toss around. That was easy compared to the designs that I had running though my head. haha
I drew out an oblong head with pointy ears and cut 2.

The title of this post should really be Sewing For my Boy.. but I suppose he did help.. a little.. More with the motivational > are you done yet <, though.. lol
After the kitty head was done (a little lopsided, sure, but cute. haha), I had the brilliant idea to use 2 of the other fat quarters left and sew a mini blanket.
That blanket is purrfect for his robo kitty and he uses it every night. lol

I was able to take advantage of the little blanket and try some free motion quilting on it.. Cal thought my little drawings were cool, so we are all good there! =)
I quilted a swirl, the cursive word Cats, <3 mom, and I did a heart border all the way around. It was fun playing around but I have a lot of practicing to do before I am ready to try to free-motion anything, let alone my Batiks Quilt =O

Anyhow, check out our improv cat projects!
I am so glad my boy doesn't seek purrfection and he is even the first to remind me that I made it so mistakes just don't matter. Little smarty pants. =D
Have you made any purrfectly sweet projects lately and made a loved one do the happy dance!?
I'd love to hear about it!
 
Happy Scrappin and God Bless!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute kitty projects and a happy son! I'm doing a happy sewing dance for you! (Haha) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment! Aren't happy dances fun! =D

      Delete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!