Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Still Playing with Batiks!

Hello Everyone!
I hope you are all having a wonderful week!
Yesterday was my birthday, so hubby and I took the day off of work =)

Since it was "my day" I was at a local quilt shop at 10 in the morning!
I pretty much refuse to do ALmost any kind of shopping before 12. I DO make exceptions for fabric, though! HA!

I posted about this top Here,  Here, Some Frustration Here, and Meeting my September Goal- Here

Since I've gotten my blocks all figured out, I decided that I want to make my quilt bigger. If it can't reach my chin AND cover my toes, it's too short. LOL

So, I was in search of (THE) blue that will add resting spots and some big bold squares!
I hadn't thought about incorporating solid blocks. It seemed like I needed to cut it up and sew it, just because! but.. MAYBE not having it all fussy will look good in it's own way, too.. We shall see! I can ALWAYS pull stitches (I'm REALLY good at that!) and do it differently.

I have almost all of my pairs sewn, now I need to attach the pairs to THEIR pairs and then the main blocks will be done!
Then I can add the sashing to each block and decide how big I want my solid blue blocks. This is so exciting!

I am cruising right through this quilt top! I hope that luck continues through the CUTTING of the sashing pieces and all of that fun.. haha

Take a look at the blue that I choose
It will ALMOST match our living room!
No one ever accused me of liking muted colors, that's for sure!! haha

I hope to get more done as the week progresses and I will show you the progress once there is some!

Thank you for stopping by!

If you don't already, please follow me!
Growing my followers has really been working! Thank you!! =D 

Check out my page at the top labeled InterActive ScrapChat! I'd LOVE to see what your working on!

I hope you have a fantastic day and God Bless!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! That print is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I just love your blog, Thanks so much for visting mine!! =D
      Have you ever made anything out of batiks? You make awesome clothes, so I'm curious if they work out well? :)

      Delete
    2. Never used a batik. I eye them though, for sure! Lol!

      Delete
    3. Ha!
      You should try sometime! I would LOVE to see what you come up with! I was wondering if I could make it work for a shirt..hmmm..

      Delete
  2. Love the idea of adding that blue (so Pretty) to get your quilt bigger.
    Happy Birthday ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!