Friday, September 2, 2016

Setting a September Goal!

Hello all!
I hope today finds you all doing well and in good health!

I was perusing a blog that I like and ran across a One Monthly Goal link-up Party at Red Letter Quilts! It's a fun blog and there are all sorts of people that link up to their goal-setting parties! You can check out all of their projects in the beginning of the month and at the end, those that meet their goal post the result AND there is a giveaway!  How fun AND motivating!

So I decided to give it a shot!!
As you may know already, from my post a couple of days ago, I have been Playing With Batiks! ( <--original post there! =)

So I decided to set my goal as follows..

I just started (perfect timing, right!) making a HST quilt topper..
(I THINK that's what it is, essentially..) On YouTube, Missouri Quilts calls it the Jelly Roll quilt Pattern by 3 Dudes. lol.. Whew.. Quite the name on that one.

SO, I have 2.5 groups of the strips sewn together, so far. I plan to finish sewing all of my groups , cutting them into blocks, sewing the blocks together (right sides facing) and cutting into triangles.. Which would make the squares once ironed flat! 

Does ANY of that make sense to you!?
I hope so.. Because I am not sure how I could re-word it! ha

Well.. Maybe a picture would help anyway..
These are folded so I could get an easier picture. :)
I really like the combos.. and even if I am a Little bit unsure, I know that once they are in their final homes it will look awesome! (fingers crossed!!)
Wish me Luck!!
 
That is my September goal!
Do You have a goal??
 
Oh.. My birthday is the 13th.. Maybe we should do something fun since I am getting old!! I'll have to think about that!
...I'm open to ideas! =)
 
 
Have a Splendid day and God Bless!
 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! I love those batiks and can't wait to see what you do with them! I recently bought some really bright orange batik half yards with a jelly roll of black and whites,I have no idea what I'm going to do with them but I still love them lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marilyn! Aren't they great! With this goal, hopefully you'll get to see good progress soon. I cant wait to see what you do with yours! Choosing the perfect pattern is so tough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday on the 13th. A really good friend of mine is your birthday twin. I love batiks, so I had to come look when I saw the photo you posted. This sounds like fun, and if you are following MoStar, you can't go wrong. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for looking and the birthday wishes, Susan!

      Delete
  4. The color combo's do look amazing! I hope you enjoy the HST pattern, I will be looking forward to the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heidi!
      Have you ever worked with Batiks? I just love them, they are so interesting looking!

      Delete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!