Monday, September 12, 2016

My Batiks September Goal Met, Early!!

Hey everyone!
I hope you all had a nice relaxing weekend!
I did. =)
Sunday, I was able to spend a few hours at my sewing machine! Yay!

I'm not sure if you remember that OMG Link-Up Party at Red Letter Quilts that I joined? My Goal Post is Here.

Not only did I finish sewing my 4 strip sets, I was also able to cut them (correctly!!),  sew the squares together, cut them into their final squares and iron them allllllll flat!
Wow.. I am shocked that I was able to get all that done in a few hours.. I guess I hit my groove!
I was so worried that I wouldn't meet my September goal and here I've met it weeks early!! (So early, infact, that I have to wait 2 weeks to post it on the -OMG It's Finished- party...HA!) 
 
I LOVE the way they turned out.. and I Can Not Wait to finish it!!!
 
Take a look at the blocks!



I know.. They look a little crazy..
I laid them out last night and was considering options when my hubby spoke up. We laid it out a bit differently and the pattern he seen is sooo cool!
He's good at artsy stuff and has a good eye.
Sometimes I swear I am color-blind, so we make a good team! lol
I don't know if this is the final draft, but I'll show you anyway =)
 
I just love the way the blocks look!!
I am now searching for a blue that I can border the bigger blocks with.. It is very busy and I am thinking it could use a bit of something so your eyes can rest somewhere..
 
Needless to say.. I am super excited to see it come out!
I'll post more as it comes along!
 
I would LOVE to see any projects your working on!!
 
Have a Wonderful Day and God Bless!
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Thanks!! Yea, hubby gets big props!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done hubby and it looks like you make a great team. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot!
      #ScraptasticTuesday is awesome! I want to enter as often as I can, Love it =D

      Delete
  3. Really pretty! I like your husband's layout, but all of them look good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I'm so glad I made my first quilt with this pattern! Can't wait to be done with it! ha! Have you worked with Batiks?

      Delete
  5. This looks beautiful, I really like the designs your husband has come up with. Beautful batiks too, have you found a border fabric you like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heidi! I have found the trim I'm using and actually I was working on that today! :D
      Ill be posting about it asap ;)

      Delete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!