Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A Friendly Little Quilt Shop

Happy Mid-Week Everyone!

Over Labor day weekend, I visited a delightful little shop called Front Porch Quilts, in Troy Michigan!

 
It's a wonderfully homey store in the middle of the Big City. I just love that!
If I wanted a BIG commercial store, I would shop at Joann's, you know?!

The owner, Martha, is Very helpful, full of wonderful information and a total peach!
Being new to quilting, I am looking for all of the helpful tips that I can get from experienced sewests and quilters! She gave me several! ..Some of which I am still trying to remember! HA..Dang!

One of the best tips that she gave me is this;
To set your quilt in the first wash, use 1/2 cup of salt and 1/2 cup of vinegar, right into the washing machine! (Since prewashing precuts is just crazy!! Imagine the knots jelly roll strips would make, eek!)

Front Porch Quilts is fantastic!
They do custom quilts, memory pillows, memory quilts, custom T-shirt quilts, machine embroidery and longarm quilting and finishing services!
They also have a TON of Classes and she is still adding to the site!

WOW! That is a GREAT list of services!
I seen some of the quilts in her shop (and I am KICKING myself that I didn't think to snap a couple of pictures!). She does beautiful work!

If you are looking for a custom quilt for yourself or as a gift, Martha and Front Porch Quilts is there for you!

Front Porch Quilts is also sponsoring my next giveaway!
So watch for more information on that later this month.

Side note... I also found THE cat fabric that I have been searching for in her store!
I have looked online quite a bit and couldn't find THE one..
Well.. 5 minutes at Front Porch Quilts and the kitties were calling out to me!
                         It's a kitty cat panel, there are 2 of each pose!
 
My 8 year old son LOVES cats (he can't have one at home but his grand-parents and other relatives have cats, so that's something, at least)..
ANYWAY.. We were talking and he said he would love the curtains in his room to have cats on them.
Who wouldn't, am I right!? ha!
I don't know if You have ever tried to find cat fabric before, there is a LOT of pink and purple.. :(
While my boy likes pink, I just didn't want it to be too girly. For some reason, society thinks that ALL cat (anything, shirts, sheets, you name it) should be ultra girly! O, and let's always make them kittens.. ugh..

So Anyhow. I am totally thrilled that I will be able to start on my little guys kitty cat curtains! That will probably be a Christmas thing. :D
Now, I just need to figure out what I can make for my 12 year old boy and my husband for Christmas.. Can't have them feeling left out :)

Regardless, you can Bet your bottom dollar AND mine, that I will be posting all of that kitty fun right here!
I have several ideas on how I want to make those, so you will have to wait and see!

That's all for now!
Have a wonderful week and God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all those kind accolades .. You humble me. Thank you it was so nice to meet with you. Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking your time to meet with me, Martha!

    ReplyDelete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!