Monday, July 11, 2016

New Sewing Project - Tote Bag!

Hello Hello!
I hope everyone had a wonderfully rejuvenating weekend!
- always too short...sigh..

I was able to steal several hours on Saturday to really dive into my Current Project! Purse turned Tote bag! haha

So Before I continue- I have NEVER made a bag or a purse or anything even remotely like this before! But I really wanted to design my own.. It Definitely makes things interesting! For this reason alone, I am WAYY too excited to see the finished product!! (I just HOPE it can hold Something!! Ha Ha) 

I decided that I wanted to be able to use it a LOT. I think I would be more likely to use a tote bag for long periods than a purse.. But I HAVE been using my current purse for a couple of years and it still looks brand new, so who knows!

Above are a few of the strips that I put together.
Scrappy projects always make me go Hmmm.... I just DON'T know yet about all of the mismatchy placements.. But I love bright colors, so even if it "isn't my cup of tea" I will love it! (esp with the turtles on it!! haha)

I found this Pink Turtle fabric at my local quilt shop, and fell in love!!
We have New Tortoises so I am all about turtles right now! haha
Granted, OUR turtles are NOT Sea Turtles.. but sometimes you have to compromise! ;) 
I carefully cut the main block, I wanted more than just 1 turtle, so I cut those at about 6" (to include 1/4" seam allowance) so the turtles could really "shine".

Above are the 2 blocks that I have been working on, the front and back of the tote. (Even if they are sideways.. So the right side is actually the top;)
You can (unfortunately) see that they are not all lined up perfectly.. This is one thing about quilting.. whether it's a bag or a blanket, if it doesn't line up you can TELL!! urgh!!!! I DiD intend for it to be a little off, but it is more so in a couple of places.. :( Once it's altogether, I BET it's not nearly as noticable... I HOPE..
 
So.. A lil fact about me.. I can neither See, nor Draw or (APParently) QUILT straight... THAT is something I have to work hard to perfect.. IF I want to keep this up.. and I do! I love creating things!


So as I was making this I decided that I would roll with it and see how it turns out! One way or another it WILL be a tote bag.. lol
Seriously though.. My corner blocks will be a bit smaller than intended but when I add the next boarder I really think it will ALMOST make it look like it is supposed to be that way! hehe


I hope to keep on top of this thing so be sure to Follow me so you can get the Updates right to your inbox! =)

My hubby is ALmost done with our new Tortoise enclosure.. I hope to be posting that within the week!

Have a Fantastically Blessed Day!!

I entered this post in a linky party #ScraptasticTuesday

9 comments:

  1. Cute turtles and great scrappiness. Hope it all works out well. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to look!

      Delete
  2. That's beautifully scrappy, good luck with the bag making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for looking!! It is very trial and error right now, since I insist on not using a pattern. haha!

      Delete
  3. I soo love scrappy projects - in fact the majority of my creations are from thrifted fabric. I have found if I clean up the units - trim them each time they are sewn together, it makes for a cleaner line and better square - even with odd sized pieces of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the tip and for taking a look at my blog! Please follow me on BlogLovin or however you prefer, to see more:)

      Delete
  4. Did you mean to link this one up a second time!? Still cute though I'd love to see the finished tote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm..no, ha. I thought it was a different post!

      Delete
    2. I Will finish this thing, haha.. I'm so close now! but you know how it is.. You get to talking with someone and volunteer to make something for a baby.. sigh.. because who can resist!? lol.. I will definitely post it as soon as I can. =)

      Delete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!