Thursday, July 7, 2016

A New Sewing Project!

Hello all!
I was away on vacation for almost a week, boy, was that great!
Nothing like camping for an extra long weekend to reboot and recharge!
But honestly.. I need a vacation from my vacation.. it IS a lot of work to have all of that fun!

Anywho.. I so enjoyed making This Apron, Sooo much that I wanted to dive right into another project!

            I found this fabric the last time I went to the quilt store and have been thinking it over since.. 
                               I have a BIG thing for bright colors and bold patterns!
 


I am the kind of person that can look at something for weeks and still not "see" anything.. I have to just COMMIT and get to it or I'll never do anything with it...

SO! I decided that I was going to make a quilted purse with 2.5" squares!
Above you can see my 3" strips that I'll be cutting into squares, tonight this weekend, yay!! ;)
(On a side note... I had a heck of a time getting the "set" wrinkles out of my fabric..ugh! Those cute little rectangles in the first picture really wrinkle them up.. BUT.. after ironing and then ironing again..sigh.. I found out that I could use a spray bottle with water and dampen the wrinkles and POOF! NO more wrinkles! Thank GOD, because I really wanted to start cutting!)
 
OH! I forgot to get a picture of the cutest fabric that I found.. (If you have been keeping up with me, I am totally obsessed over our new Hermann's Tortoises, and couldn't resist the cute turtle fabric!) After much thinking on how to put this together, I decided to use the turtle fabric as my center square, yeah, I'm different like that! haha
 
This purse will take longer than the (3 Day) apron that I linked in above but I am really excited to see how it turns out! I am not using a pattern either, I am going to make it as I go.
Patterns are okay.. but much like crochet, I prefer to kind of figure it out and see what I can do without. ;)
AND I am going to try my hand for the first time at quilting each side (separately, so it'll be easier..I hope.. haha)
 
This is the first time I have ever made a purse and I am already heading back to the fabric store to create another that I have in my head..
 
I will keep your posted! =)
 
I just love to hear from my readers, few though there are, you could REALLY make my day by following me, I have all sorts of projects in the works!
 
...including the new Tortoise tank my hubby is working on... out of a bookshelf!
....yea, I guess I can give him honorable posts, Once in awhile.. haha
 
Have a Wonderful Day and God Bless!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!