Thursday, June 16, 2016

A Sewing Project

Hi!

I have been super interested in sewing lately.
I was rushing to finish a couple other things so I could tackle something totally new for me!
This isn't my first sewing project, that was a lap quilt topper, it's very cute but I haven't finished it..yet.. haha

I have been looking at all sorts of different projects and decided an apron would be really cool to try out.. Seems like it would be pretty straight forward, at least..

I ended up buying a pattern because it looked really cute, but now I can't really share the major details of it without violating the Copyright. :(

I can at least tell you about it and show you the pics I take along the way!

I used "Friday Night Apron" by Vanilla House Designs

I went to my local fabric store yesterday and found these great colors!
You will probably notice that I love pink and big bold prints.. But having boys I'll have to let my love for pink take a backseat sometimes and make things for my kids too, drat..lol


   
Here are some of my cut pieces, the top, straps and waistband.
I was really pleased with how I lined up the striped print- so both sides of front will match and not be "off kilter" :D

 Here (aside form my messy table) you see all of my cut pieces.
I am so proud of myself! I only cut 1 piece wrong- I expected to really struggle with the cutting (measurements).. It turns out that it's not so much THAT as it is making sure your rotary cutter is going straight.. I always veer one way or another! URGH!!

The bold flowers will be the bottom portion and of course the striped is the top portion. You can Almost see the little U shaped pocket that I have pinned right in the middle of the picture.

I'm really excited to make progress on this. I don't know if I can get to it tonight but I will be working on it as much as possible to get it done quickly!
I like instant gratification.. when projects take weeks it drives me batty..lol
Like this darn rug.....

AnyWays!
I can't wait to share my progress on this!
Check back soon!

Oh! If anyone has any tips or tricks or ANYTHING that could help a new-be  I would greatly appreciate it!!

God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!