Thursday, April 14, 2016

Perfect *Nut Free* Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake!

I know I don't usually post food stuffs but I worked pretty hard on coming up with the idea for my sons 8th birthday cake and I thought it would be a great thing to share with others.

My son's best buddy has a peanut allergy.. Needless to say, it was a BIG deal to figure out a good cake that everyone could enjoy! A trip to the ER was NOT in the schedule!

As I was researching it I found that there weren't many recipes that are Nut Free!

I found that Golden Oreo's are nut free and my son doesn't like chocolate, so vanilla was perfect!
He also loves Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream..


As you can see above I used 2 gallons of Mint chocolate Chip ice cream (that I whipped up in a bowl to make it soften faster), 1 1/2 packages of Golden Oreo's broken into chunky pieces and a big tub of Cool Whip (I also used the chocolate shell topping but it really didn't work out quite right so I would do it without next time).. (I really didn't use the hotdog buns, haha, just didn't notice them at the time)

I lined the bottom of my 9x13 pan with a generous helping of Oreo crumbs, added the ice cream to the top of that and smoothed it out. As you are working on the rest of it the ice cream will melt down into the cookies.

Once the ice cream is smooth add the Cool Whip generously (because who doesn't LOVE Cool Whip!?)
Then you just add the cookies as a boarder around the edges.

This leaves a nice opening if you want to write on the cake, too!

I have to admit, it looks better before you cut it, haha..
I can honestly say this is the Best cake I have ever eaten!
 
If you don't LOVE Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream you can try it with any kind!
 
Don't underestimate this bad boy, just because it's nut free (yours doesn't have to be!), you wont be able to put your spoon down! 
 
Even if you aren't searching for the Perfect Nut free cake, You have got to try this! ...the variations are endless!!
 
If you do make it, let me know what you think, please!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!