Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Big Project -Revealed!








Hi Everyone! =)


I had an idea to try making a banner for the up coming holiday on Thursday of last week. I put all sorts on thought into it and even tried drawing it out a bit to see how I wanted it to look.
I've never made anything like this before so I was pretty nervous about how it would turn out.. 


I cut everything with my CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge, using summer red and blue and White Daisy card stock. I also used some SuperHero B&T paper, I just love that paper, blue with stars on one side and the strips on the other, perfect fit.=)
I cut my banner pieces at 6", lettering at 2 1/4" and my stars at 3". 


I used ink and daubers, mini crystals, stamps from several sets (Sorry, I didn't think to jot down the names of the stamps, if you would like that please let me know =) I used Cornflower blue, Holiday Red and White Daisy ink pads. I also embossed several things to make them pop (the #4 Banner is embossed with the Eagle and phrase "Brave and True" I added the stars to it)! You KNOW how I like to POP! =)
To connect them I simply used yarn and knotted each piece together.


I think it turned out great! WAY better then the one in my head! 
Which one(s) do YOU like best?! My Fav's are the one with the letter J and #4 on them! =)


I hope you like it and Thanks for checkin' me out! =) 
I've entered this in (I hope I get them all..) I Linked it up! , Heart To Heart Challenge!paperplaytimeThe Craft SpotPause Dream EnjoySimply Create TooScrap Our Stash


Please contact me if you have any questions about anything at all! 
You can check out my CTMH site at www.AmyScrapSpot.ctmh.com


I hope your having a wonderful summer! =)
Happy Scrappin! =)

22 comments:

  1. Amazing banner!You did a GREAT job!New Follower.
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from SOS. Had to come get a closer look at your photos. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My...please don't make us choose. You put lots of effort into this project and it shows.
    Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create Too.
    Erica (SCT Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy: Your patroitic banner is so wonderful! Thanks for joining us for our Challenge #16 - "Country Where YOU Live". PS We're having a DT Call--check us out!

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! It was a lot of work but i was so excited to see what I could do with it to even notice that it took HOURS. lol. I don't know that I am ready to try for a DT spot but I would like to in the future for sure! Thanks again! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great banner!!! Love all the stars. Thanks for playing along with us @ Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
    Blessings,
    Belinda
    http://theembellishedcard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous banner! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely banner!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great banner! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime! :) Janis P.S. I'd love it if you'd pop over to my other challenge blog, Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges,
    http://pausedreamenjoychallenges.blogspot.com/
    and play this week. The challenge is to make a project for someone who's left footprints on your life. Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love your banner! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at H2H. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is so awesome!! All of the details are fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Playtime :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Paper Playtime DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome banner, you worked hard and it shows!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great banner! It's beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd say you need to make more banners if this is your first effort. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful banner! This has inspired me to make one :) Thanks for playing along with us at H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great banner and Im glad i got to see it, so much work is involved in your project.
    unfortuantly we needed to see a card for the Card Makin Mama's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amy; this banner is a wonderful idea. I love all the details you added to it. Thanks for palying with us @ this week H2H challenge.
    Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you all So Much! I had no idea I had this kind of creativity in me! But now that I do, I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what ELSE I've got! =) Thank you!! =) God Bless. =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is an excellent banner. You have great attention to detail. I hope you stop by the challenge at www.thecricutchirp.com

    ReplyDelete

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!