Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mothers Day card!

Hi Everyone! 
Boy have I been busy lately! With teacher appreciation day and now Mothers day I'm posting all over the place! but not nearly as much as I want to!


First of all, I HAVE to THANK Gloria Rogers from www.ScraptabulousStudio.com for her YouTube video showing how to make and perfectly shade the beautiful flower that you see in the lower right corner! You can watch Her YouTube video here.  So you probably notice a bit of a trend on my blog thus far.. I admit, I like to get comfy with something before I can think "outside the box"..lol.. I am pretty new to all of this but I LOVE working with the products to learn how to use them! It is a bit daunting.. I tried to do something a bit different and I ran into Gloria Rogers video and HAD to try it! I was amazed that even the First flower that I made turned out beautifully! ..and I was getting worried there for a minute, too! These flowers are surprisingly easy! 
So, ANYWAY.. I made this card using the Close to my Heart Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. I cut the card, background, MOM lettering, and the flowers! The flowers were cut at about 3", 2.5",1.75" I used Hollyhock ink and my trusty sponge, then I centered it with a bigger gem (The biggest I had..I plan on fixing THAT! ) 
I used Lucy paper for my border (If your not familiar with our paper packs or Workshops' on the Go you should check this out!), on top of Grey Dotty for You polka dot paper ( Of course all products are Close to my Heart unless mentioned.) MOM is cut at 2" from the grey Dotty polka dot paper as well, except that I lightly inked the letters to give them a pink tint :)
I decided that a little something extra would look nice and I really like the scroll look of this one on the bottom left from the set called "The Best Things" in Blush ink, so it wasn't quite as bright =). Then to bring out the bright colors I decided to edge the card with a Hollyhock ink pad and sponge. On the inside I used the above mentioned stamp set and inked the phrase "The Best things in Life aren't Things"..
I just love this flower and I plan on finding more ways to use it in the future! Thank you again Gloria Rogers! 
Check back soon for another post.. It is ALmost ready!! =)
Happy Scrappin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!