Monday, May 21, 2012

A little something for a Friend..



Hi all! I am back tonight to share a little something that I made for a good friend. Sorry my pictures aren't that great.. I was in a rush to take them before I seen her today.
 Her father passed away a couple of days ago and since I was there my self about 7 years ago, I really wanted to make her something that she could look at when ever she wanted to. She posted this Great pic of herself with both her parents and I just Knew that I had to use it!


First things first! 
The card I made from the Dotty for You paper pack. The bird is a stamp from the Blessed set. I first inked it in white and then thought I would emboss in silver to really make it shimmer (there is also a long stemmed flower with heart leafs that I've stamped in Grey Flannel on the left just to give it a little something extra.) I used my Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the card and the layer (You can see that at the card fold the paper doesn't match..I put little flower stamps there but it still just isn't right..) and the pile of hearts starting at 1" down to 1/4". On the inside I wrote a little something about her fathers soul taking flight and on the other side a comment "sending piles of love"..


Now the layout! 
I know it looks pretty busy, I used almost half of the Dotty for You patterns, I think.. I was worried about that but I really wanted to put off bright colors and even sort of make it fun.. I have never made a condolences card before and certainly not a layout! But she is a dear friend and I really hope that it helps her through this very hard time.
I made a pretty flowery border from the Art Philosophy cartridge. I cut flowers from one of the Dotty papers but left the cluster in the lower right corner. At the top is a stamp "The Love of Family is the Greatest Blessing" from the Family Love set.


I hope you enjoyed your visit! You can check out more information on my site http://AmyScrapSpot.CTMH.com or you can drop me a line! =)


Thanks for droppin by and Happy Scrappin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truely enjoy your comments and questions and I answer every single one! =D
Though, during giveaways it gets difficult and I try to keep it easy on myself. ;)
However, if you are a no-reply blogger I can't -but I still try. =(
If your not sure, ask me, I'll help you fix it!